Frequently Asked Questions
Got Questions About Readings with Cate Coffelt?
Read some tips and tricks that can enhance your reading. I also address frequently asked questions about my psychic, medium or animal communication services.
Scroll down toward the bottom of the page for Animal Communication specific information.
Psychic and Medium Reading FAQ’s
- I’ve never had a reading before. Do I need to do anything special?
The best way to receive a reading is to be in calm and relaxed environment. Prayer or meditation can help you to relax prior to our reading together. If you schedule a phone session, sitting in a quiet, peaceful place where there will be no interruptions is also best. Distractions can negatively affect your experience. Many clients like to create a list of details about their loved ones or animals and questions they might have for their reading. Please do not share them with me if you choose to do this. The less I know before the better! This allows me to provide the validation you connected with your loved ones from the other side or with your animal. I do highly recommend taking notes during your session so you can go back and reflect upon your experience.
- What is a session like?
Every reading is unique. You will receive the information you need, not necessarily what you want know. What we hear often provides healing and can include guidance for the future. Mostly I’ve learned to trust the information I receive from Spirit and share that information with you. It’s up to you how to interpret or use the information that has been communicated. I do highly recommend taking notes of your reading so you can go back and reflect upon your experience.
- How do you receive information during a session?
I am a highly sensitive and an empathic person by nature which allows me to tune into the energy within the spiritual realm. This allows me to receive information in a few different ways. When I connect with those who have crossed over, I can experience the following:
•Clairvoyance (psychic seeing)
•Clairaudience (psychic hearing)
•Claircognizant (psychic knowing)
•Clairsentient (psychic feeling/touching)
Since I receive validations and messages through these various ways, I often feel like I’m putting pieces of a puzzle together or telling a story. The information I receive usually comes in pieces.
Every session is different!
- Which loved one(s) will show up and will I get the answers to my questions during a reading?There is no guarantee that a specific spirit will show up, whether human or animal. There are times that those who show up aren’t whom we expected, but our loved ones from beyond have a wonderful way of sharing the validations and messages you need, not necessarily what you want to hear.
- What if I have follow-up questions after my reading?
Since the messages and information I receive from Spirit are not from me and I usually do not remember most of the information that comes up during a reading, I do not provide answers to follow up questions. Scheduling another session could help, but I do highly recommend and prefer allowing some time to pass between sessions.
- What if I start feeling uncomfortable during our session?
The reason I feel passionate about the intuitive work I do is the healing and a sense of peace I see it brings to to my clients. There are occasions however, where what we hear can be surprising and may bring several different emotions up to the surface. This is normal! My intent is to provide an environment where you feel safe so you can remain open to receiving the information that was meant for you. If at anytime you start feeling too uncomfortable, please let me know.
- Which is more accurate, an in-person or a phone reading?
There is no difference between a reading in person or a reading by phone. The information is received in the same way and does not affect the level of accuracy in any way. In fact, many clients prefer a phone reading as it offers them a level of privacy and quiet they might not otherwise get. Also, most of the testimonials listed on this website were readings conducted over the phone with several being out of state.
- Will you call me if I choose a reading by phone?Yes, I will call you from a private line at our scheduled time if you are within the United States. If you resided outside of the United States, you will receive an email with dial-in information. I use Freeconferencecall.com for international readings.I do recommend using a landline during the reading, especially during inclement weather.If you use a cell phone, I can not guarantee the quality of our session. Please be ready to answer my call or dial in promptly at our scheduled time. If you are late, I may need to end your session as scheduled as to honor clients scheduled after you.
Animal Communication and Pet Reading FAQ’s
- How can I prepare for a reading?
Keeping an open mind when it comes to the needs of our furry friends is important. Being patient, calm and relaxed during our session will allow for a flow of better communication. Often the information I receive may not be the news you were expecting, but it is usually in the best interest and highest good of the animal. Also, a quiet environment without distractions is best when I’m trying to communicate with your animal(s) so I can clearly share any information received from them and what they need from you.Many clients will make a list of questions they would like to have answered ahead of time. Please don’t share them with me prior to our session. I like to connect with your animal first, then proceed from there so you can receive the validation that I am communicating with your pet(s).It is helpful sometimes to have a picture of your animal. It is important that I can clearly see their eyes in the photo. Age does not matter.NOTE: If your pet has crossed over to the other side, I can not guarantee I will connect with your animal. Similar to a psychic medium reading for humans, there is no control of “who” will show up during a reading. Frequently Asked Questions Frequently Asked Questions Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do you charge for a Lost Pet? What is the reading like?
Losing a pet can be very traumatic and frightening. I know, I’ve lost a pet myself.
I charge my 1 hour fee because this is a very different type of reading. While I do not guarantee I will find your pet, I do provide a lot of information. This information is addition “data” to help you search for your pet.
The initial reading will last anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours. Sometimes, a lost pet may show me some new information after the initial reading. IF this happens, I will share this new information with you, usually by email. So keep checking your SPAM folders. It may or may not make sense, but I share everything your pet does with me. I have found with most cases, most information has made sense. Frequently Asked Questions Frequently Asked Questions Frequently Asked Questions
The reading will start where I will make sure I connect with your pet first by providing validations, then we go from there. The process includes using technology to help aid you in finding your pet.
Downloading Google Earth can be helpful for this service.
- Can I have more than one pet “read” during a session?
Yes, but for the best results, you may want to determine how much or what type of information you need from your pet family first. For example, if you need some detailed information for each animal, then individual sessions for each pet might be more appropriate. If you do choose one session with multiple pets, then plan on scheduling a longer session to allow enough time for each pet to share messages. Please note additional pet charges may apply for each additional animal and I can not guarantee all pets will communicate with this option.
- What if I have follow-up questions after my reading? Since the information I receive from your animal are not from me and I usually do not remember most of the message that comes up during a reading, I do not provide answers to follow up questions. Scheduling another session could be helpful to meet the needs of the animal. I do however, highly recommend allowing at least a few weeks to pass between sessions. Often the answers you seek will surface over this period of time.
- What if I start feeling uncomfortable during our session? Readings are meant to provide you validations and information, but sometimes when our animals are communicating with us, we might be surprised at what we hear and learn. This is normal because many times the needs of the animal helps us to examine what needs to change and change can stir up various emotions within us. At times, the animal will share what they need from you, but know they come from a place of unconditional love and are often our best teachers. My intent is to provide an environment where you feel comfortable so you can remain open to receiving the information for the highest good for both yourself and of the animal. If at anytime you start feeling too uncomfortable, please let me know.